Developed by board certified ergonomists, Humanscale’s two day Certified Office Ergonomics Evaluator (COEE) Program provides participants with the skill set necessary to conduct comprehensive onsite or virtual ergonomic assessments for home or office-based employees.
What Will You Learn?
On day one, you will learn how to identify and correct common postural problems and assess equipment challenges. Emphasis is placed on helping WFH or office-based employees achieve neutral postures through workstation adjustment and awareness training. Additional topics of discussion include basic human anatomy, common musculoskeletal disorders and a review of current ergonomics research.
Day two focuses entirely on mastering the ergonomic assessment process. Each activity aims to build proficiency with each component of the process. You will learn techniques for delivering employee education, affecting behavioral change, evaluating equipment and handling objections. The course culminates with a mock workstation assessment where skills learned throughout the course can be applied.
- Identify and mitigate the postural risks associated with prolonged computer use
- Learn to configure workstations for optimal health, comfort and performance
- Perform objective research-based evaluations of work tools such as task seating, sit/stand devices, mice, keyboards, task lighting and more
- Recognize equipment challenges and recommend cost-effective alternatives for the office or home
- Develop proficiency and gain hands-on experience with the ergonomic assessment process through activity-based learning modules
- Learn advanced techniques for delivering employee education, affecting behavioral change and implementing workstation enhancements
- Build confidence in your ability to improve employee comfort and reduce the risk of injury
COEE Technical Certification
Upon completion of the course, the final step in the process is to complete an online certification exam, designed to evaluate several core competencies. The exam consists of two main sections – multiple–choice questions and a mock workstation assessment. Those who achieve a passing score on the exam are awarded the designation 'Certified Office Ergonomics Evaluator (COEE).' Certificants are required to renew their certification every four years.
Who Should Attend?
- Facilities Managers
- EH&S Specialists
- Wellness Specialists
- Human Resources Professionals
- Risk Managers
- PT's, OT's and Chiropractors
- Architects & Designers
"Superb training; relevant and well-articulated; first class!"
– Technology Development Lead, Securitas-EMC
"Extremely eye-opening; immediately I was able to identify some things that need to change in my workplace."
– Facilities Manager, Medela Inc.
Mentoring Sessions (OPTIONAL)
Interested in fine–tuning your assessment approach? Humanscale’s one–on–one mentoring sessions are designed to improve your overall comfort level with every aspect of the ergonomic assessment process. You will be paired with an experienced Humanscale ergonomist who will shadow you while performing assessments and assist whenever needed. Following each assessment, the ergonomist will provide you with feedback and guidance to help improve your mastery of the process. Multiple half–day sessions are recommended until the desired proficiency levels are achieved.
Due to the COVID–19 pandemic, our certification program is now offered as a live virtual training. Group size is typically limited to no more than 20 participants. Private training sessions are available for groups of 5 or more.
Interested in earning a technical certification in Office Ergonomics? Click below to register for an upcoming course!
Questions on this course or other Humanscale Ergonomic Consulting workshops or services? Please contact us using the form below: