Less bad is
not good enough.
The 2020 CSR Report
Released in 2021, this report details our sustainability efforts for the past calendar year. In 2020, our factories and operations were challenged by the global pandemic. Yet, sustainability remained a priority. We continued to focus on going beyond sustainability–we go beyond reducing our negative impacts by making positive, regenerative ones.
- Healthy Materials – In 2020, we achieved our goal of removing 100% of PFSAs from our entire product line.
- Climate – We are focused on setting science-based targets for our emission reductions and are looking to international standards for 2021.
- Resource Depletion – We exceeded our goal of reducing inbound cardboard by 93,600 MT, or 6%. Our factories diverted over 90% of their waste from landfills.
- Energy – We reduced our total corporate energy use by 1004,791 MJ, which is 4.4% of total corporate energy use.
- Water – All factories installed rainwater capture systems that supply 100% of production water.
- Wildlife Preservation – Three new supplier partnerships were established to develop new products containing ocean plastic.